Thursday, April 16, 2009

welcome.

Hi there. Welcome to the craziness that is US. My name's robin, and I'll be doing most of the typing. Some of you may know me from deviantArt, my comics, or on twitter. If so, I thank you for checking this out! If not, greetings and salutations (again. For the third time.)

My husband Todd and I recently took the plunge and bought a house. We moved in on March 18th. On March 20th, we brought Haruka, our first cat, home from the Orange County Animal Shelter here in Florida. I've had pets (cats and german shepherds and some fish) all my life, and Todd has had some smaller buddies like birds and hamsters, but this is our first time actually adopting a pet ourselves. We've decided to chronicle our cat's misadventures here in this blog for our (and hopefully your) personal amusement. 

We call Haruka 'the winningest motorboat' for a reason--she sounds JUST LIKE A MOTORBOAT when she purrs. And of course, she IS the winningest kitty, in our opinion--but everyone thinks their pet is the best (and rightly so). An explanation of her name will be up shortly. We hope you will enjoy reading this blog as much as we enjoy making it.

I'm sure I could have said things a lot more poetically and cutely, but we're all just in it for the cute cat pictures anyway, right?




No comments:

Post a Comment