Saturday, September 19, 2009

EEEK!




"What do you WANT from me?! Let me sleep in my tuuuuube!!!"

It's been over a month since I last posted! I'm horrible with blogs D:

Tomorrow after work, Haruka's new sister arrives. I may have stated it before, but our friend is moving and won't be able to take her kitty with her, so we offered to adopt her (our friend will still be close enough to visit sometimes, which is good!). I really, really, REALLY HOPE this goes well!

After we got back from our trip to japan, Haruka was very clingy for a week--even sleeping on us (she never does that) and kneading us (never does that, either!). Didn't take too long for her to get back to her old self, though--the self that likes to hide behind my printer, knocks stuff off my desk, uses my guitar case for mountain climbing, etc--So, I ask, what would any of you recommend in the following instances:

1. Kitty likes to chew, claw, explore in places she shouldn't, and keeps coming back even when I kick her out of my room. Sprays only work some of the time on her. Any advice?

2. New female cat, around the same age, coming to live with us. Both cats are NOT declawed, and I'd really like to keep it that way (the nails are trimmed). Any advice on how to safely introduce them/take care of kitty quarrels? When my sister's cat came to live with my parents' cats for awhile, they got misplaced aggression and took it out on everyone. I don't want that to happen!

So . . . . any thoughts or comments would be great! Yay, last minute questions . . .

7 comments:

  1. Hello Haruka! It's great to meet you. We just wanted to stop by and introduce ourselves, we are The Creek Cat. We love company, so stop by and see us sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hai! I saw you on teh front page at the Cat Blogosphere, and popped over to say hai...

    I love your baner graphics, and I love what you do to some of your pictures, with the extra graphics!

    Trim the cat's claws, don't even consider declawing. It's very much frowned on and considered very cruel, as it's more like removing the end joint of your finger, rather than removing the nails.

    Whenever they get their misplaced agression spells, get a toy and play with them with that, and they'll associate the toy with fight time, and not your leg! :-)

    Keep blogging! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Just popped over from the CB too so we can say hello.

    You would disturb a cat in a tube? Shame. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Haruka! Owr Mommy made sure dat we had lots of Scratch posts so we had somefin to scratch cept da furniture. She cuts owr claws and gives us man-a-cures den we gets treats so make sure dat man-a-cure is a happy time. We haf scratch post for da floor and scratch post dat are tall so we can reach up and stretch too. One of our scratchie posts has little mousies on it. I liked to play wif dat when I wuz a kitten and I still do. Haf fun!
    Beau Beau and Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. We came over from the CB too. Nice to meet you!!

    Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Haruka!! We are very pleased to meet you!! We will be back to visit some more!! We hope the new sister and you get along famously!!
    Your TX furiends,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, it's nice to meet you. I saw your link on the Cat Blogosphere and came over to visit. I have little experience with introducing a new cat, but from what I have read, it's best to do it slowly. Set up a room just for the new cat for a few days and let them talk to each other through the door. When they show interest in each other, open the door, but stand by in case a fight starts. Some suggest rubbing the new cat with an old towel and letting the resident cat sniff it and play with it. Some cats take to new cats very easily and some don't. I wish you the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete